Dubbed as the country’s last frontier, Palawan is home to virgin forests with tropical fauna and flora, unspoilt beaches teeming with diverse marine life, massive limestone cliffs and scenic lagoons. Palawan stretches from north of Mindoro down to the northern tip of Malaysia’s Sabah Island.
Puerto Princesa, the capital city of Palawan, and located in the central part, is your jump off to the famous Puerto Princesa Underground River, a UNESCO Heritage Site and one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature. Navigable by boat, the PPUR is among the world’s longest underground river.
Spend 3 or 4 days to see the Underground River, island-hop around Honda Bay, and sightsee around the city (eg Crocodile Farm, Vietnamese Village).
Located in northern Palawan is the spectacular Bacuit archipelago and El Nido, and the Calamian Island group.
El Nido is the perfect gateway to explore the stunning seascape of the Bacuit archipelago with its secluded lagoons, white-sand beach coves, colorful coral gardens and the beautiful limestone cliffs jutting out of the crystal clear waters.
From Puerto Princesa, you can travel by land to El Nido in about 5hours. Or fly direct from Manila or Cebu to El Nido on ITI/ Air Swift (50seater ATR).
Spend at least 3-4 days to let you soak in the sun, and hop from one island to the next, and explore the ‘secret’ beaches and lagoons of El Nido.
Further up north is the town of Coron best known for the top wreck dives in the country and more white sandbeaches and limestone cliffs. There are direct flights from Manila to Busuanga airport of Coron
More Photos of Palawan
TIPS WHEN BOOKING:
- Plan ahead and book early to get the best rates!
- Be conscious of weather patterns when planning sea-based tours. We will give you forecast updates too.
- Tell us if you prefer a private tour, or you want to join a group. All local tours are private tours, but if we have other guests booked on the same date, we can pool you together and apply lower rates.
- If you have food allergies or restrictions, give us a heads up!
- Once you confirm and finalize, we will take care of the rest. Get ready for your local adventure!