Lab-as Seafood Restaurant has been around since 1988, and continues to live up to its name “lab-as” (Cebuano term of fresh, particularly pertaining to fish and seafood), serving the freshest of seafood, with live crabs, lobsters, prawns, oysters, choice of the fish, and other native dishes.
Right next to Lab-as is Hayahay Treehouse Bar & Viewdeck, a charming restobar by the sea with its cozy ‘treehouse bars’. Over the years, it has steadily gained repute as the region’s premiere live music joint, with live gigs every night, ranging from folk acoustic and jazz to rock, and homegrown reggae music.
At the south end of Hayahay is the Hayahay Gourmet Pizza that serves excellent pizzas with freshly baked crust, and fresh toppings. Favorites include the tasty Italiano, Vegetarian and the all-toppings “Hayahay Fave”.
TacoSurf, the newest addition to the Hayahay block, is a taco-sushi–steak restaurant. With Filipino Chef Jay at the helm, TacoSurf serves fusion cuisine including specialties like fish and squid tacos, Hayahay Crunch Roll and Tuna Nigiri, and Wagyu steaks! Its hip and laidback interiors will put you right at ease and ready to feast on some oyster tempuras and sashimi!
TIPS WHEN BOOKING:
- Plan ahead and book early to get the best rates!
- Be conscious of weather patterns when planning sea-based tours. We will give you forecast updates too.
- Tell us if you prefer a private tour, or you want to join a group. All local tours are private tours, but if we have other guests booked on the same date, we can pool you together and apply lower rates.
- If you have food allergies or restrictions, give us a heads up!
- Once you confirm and finalize, we will take care of the rest. Get ready for your local adventure!