Stand up paddle boarding, though relatively new in the Philippines, is the fastest growing water sport in the world.
SUP is an exciting way to explore oceans, lakes, rivers, lagoons and reefs! AND you get a great body and core workout while enjoying the outdoors!
Negros Oriental, with its beautiful coastline and scenic lakes, is the perfect place to try this new sport. Most of the coastal waters in Dumaguete, Dauin, and some northern towns are lined with marine sanctuaries, which makes for easy and fun paddling while letting you explore the shallow reefs. The lakes of Balinsasayaw and Balanan are best for flatwater SUP, with lush mountains and thick forests surrounding you. Dumaguete too is the jump off point to nearby Sumilon Island and Siquijor, both with white sand beaches great for SUP. Definitely a fun way to explore nature and keep fit!
HAYAHAY SUP board rentals are available at ORIENTWIND TRAVEL, at 201 Flores Avenue, Piapi Beach (easy beach access and calm waters right in front of Hayahay!).
SUP APO Island
PHOTOS by TommySchultz.com
TIPS WHEN BOOKING:
- Plan ahead and book early to get the best rates!
- Be conscious of weather patterns when planning sea-based tours. We will give you forecast updates too.
- Tell us if you prefer a private tour, or you want to join a group. All local tours are private tours, but if we have other guests booked on the same date, we can pool you together and apply lower rates.
- If you have food allergies or restrictions, give us a heads up!
- Once you confirm and finalize, we will take care of the rest. Get ready for your local adventure!