Oslob is a coastal town in southern Cebu, and closer in terms of travel time to Negros Oriental. A steady number of whalesharks can be found about a hundred meters from the shore of Brgy Tanawan.
See up close the ‘tuki’ or whalesharks as you swim with them, or view them from the banca. Only an hour and 20 min drive & ro-ro (roll-on roll-off ferry) from Dumaguete, it is best to early morning. Next is a sidetrip to Tumalog Falls for a refreshing dip and some cool photo opportunity! For those who want to snorkel some more, we suggest you take the Oslob- Sumilon Tour via chartered diveboat from Dumaguete. It’s a 45minute boat ride from Silliman Beach to Oslob, and from there a 15 minute ride to nearby Sumilon Island where you can snorkel in its sanctuary and swim in the crystal clear waters by the sandbar. Lunch picnic is grilled and served on board by our grill-cook from Lab-as Restaurant!
OUR AVAILABLE TOURS
TIPS WHEN BOOKING:
- Plan ahead and book early to get the best rates!
- Be conscious of weather patterns when planning sea-based tours. We will give you forecast updates too.
- Tell us if you prefer a private tour, or you want to join a group. All local tours are private tours, but if we have other guests booked on the same date, we can pool you together and apply lower rates.
- If you have food allergies or restrictions, give us a heads up!
- Once you confirm and finalize, we will take care of the rest. Get ready for your local adventure!